Event Terms and Conditions
All ticket sales shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
"The Company" is Eau de Web s.r.l.;
"The Conference" is the 2015 Plone Conference to be held between 12/10/2015 to 18/10/2015 inclusive;
"The Attendee" is a person or persons present at The Conference;
"The Venue" is the premises at which the Conference will be held;
"The Client" is the person, organisation, company or other body responsible for booking and providing payment of tickets for Attendees;
“The Agreement” is these Terms and Conditions defined below;
1. TICKET PAYMENTS
- The Company reserves the right to refuse entry to any Attendee who cannot produce evidence of a valid, fully-paid Conference ticket.
- All ticket invoices must be paid in full before 48 hours before the first day of the Conference.
- Purchase of a Conference ticket signifies agreement with these terms and conditions.
2. CONFERENCE CONDUCT
- The Company reserves the right to refuse entry to any Attendee who it believes, at its discretion, to have a detrimental effect on the success of the conference, or the happiness or wellbeing of other Attendees.
- The Company reserves the right to remove any Attendee from the Conference if it reasonably believes the Attendee is in breach of the Conference Code of Conduct, or has committed another form of misconduct or anti social behaviour. In the event of such removal, no refunds of ticket sales will be made.
3. TRANSFERS OF TICKETS
- The Client may transfer tickets between Attendees, providing such transfer is notified to the Company at least 48 hours before the first day of the Conference.
- In the event of transfer of tickets, no refund will be made if the new Attendee would have qualified for a discounted ticket.
4. CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
- If the Client is unable use a ticket, and unable to transfer the ticket to another Attendee, it should contact the Company. If there are still tickets available for sale, then unfortunately no refund can be given. If all tickets have been sold, then the Company may, at its discretion, refund the ticket and resell the place to another Client.
5. CANCELLATION OR ALTERATION BY THE COMPANY
- The Company may need to cancel or alter the Conference schedule, venue and specifications based on factors beyond its control and/or for the safety of Attendees. In the event that such alteration is required, the Company shall make every reasonable endeavour to allow the Conference to continue at an alternate venue or to an alternate schedule. However, if no viable alteration is possible, it may become necessary to cancel the Conference. The Company shall refund at its discretion all or a portion of ticket sales provided that such monies can be recovered from its suppliers.
- This clause sets out the entire financial liability of the Company (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors) to the Client in respect of:
- any breach of this Agreement; and
- any representation, statement or tortuous act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with this Agreement.
- 6.1 All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement.
- 6.2 Nothing in this Agreement limits or excludes the liability of the Company:
- for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or
- for any damage or liability incurred by the Client as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the Company.
- 6.3 Subject to clause 6.1 and clause 6.2 - the Company shall not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses. The Company's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this Agreement shall be limited to the value of the Conference ticket sale only.
- 6.4 The Company does not accept liability for loss or damage to any object, equipment, furniture, stock or any other property brought into the Venue by the Attendee or other persons authorised by the Client. Cloakrooms are provided for the convenience of the Attendees and guests but any property deposited there is entirely at the Attendee's risk. The Company and its suppliers will endeavour to assist Attendees with storage of their equipment etc but it excludes liability for the loss or damage of those items.
7. FORCE MAJEURE
- The Company shall not be in breach of this Agreement if it does not provide the services under this Agreement due to the following circumstances:
- Industrial action by the Company's employees.
- Industrial action by the staff of one of the Company's suppliers.
- Fire, lightning, explosion, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, extreme weather conditions, storm, flood, burst pipes, earthquake, terrorism and the Venue being damaged or destroyed.
- Breakdown of machinery, or any failure to supply the Venue with gas, electricity, water and so on, outside the control of the Company.
- In the event of any such Force Majeure event the Company will undertake all reasonable endeavours to allow the Conference to continue, but may be required to cancel the Conference (as described in Clause 5 above), particularly if the health and safety of attendees may be at risk.
8. DAMAGE TO VENUE
- The Client shall be responsible for any damage caused by its Attendees to the allocated space or the furnishings and equipment therein by any act, default or neglect of the Attendee and shall pay to the Company on demand the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the Venue by any Attendees for the consumption on the premises, unless the prior consent of the Company has been obtained and if any corkage fee if required has been paid.